Instructions for Writing Tests and the Final Exam Off Campus
Students who are registered in online courses and who live 150 km or more from Brock's St. Catharines (main) campus may apply to the Office of the Registrar's Scheduling Office to write their tests and final examinations for their online courses at a site closer to home. Students who reside within 150 km of Brock's St. Catharines (main) campus, or are attending a face-to-face delivery course, must write on campus.
Student responsibility for writing off-campus:
- Arranging for your proctor and paying any costs associated with proctoring your exam directly with your proctor.
- Informing the Scheduling Office about where you plan to write your examination and the proctor information.
- Exams or tests written at a distance should be written on the same day and at the same time as the exam or test running at Brock University's St. Catharines campus (Eastern Time Zone). If you are unable to find a proctor at the scheduled time and date, please discuss your situation with the good people at Examinations@brocku.ca.
Required Proctor Information
- Full name
- Current student address
- Student email address
- Name of proctor or testing centre
- Mailing address for courier service to deliver exam materials (no post office boxes, and no residential addresses)
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Which test or exam the proctor is needed for
- If any disability-related accomodations are required
How to Make a Proctoring Request
Tests and exams may be written only at an approved testing centre to ensure adequate supervision consistent with tests or exams written on campus. A list of testing centres can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org . Most universities or colleges have testing centres, whereas some libraries also offer proctoring services.
Requests can be made by filling the required information into the following form:
Remember that you must make a separate request for each and every test and exam that you would like to write off-campus.
For tests or exams written off-campus in Canada, requests must be received at least 10 business days before a test or exam. For tests or exams written off-campus outside of Canada, requests must be received at least 14 business days before a test or exam. However, if your proctor is not approved, then you will need more time to find an approved proctor, so make sure to get your request in well in advance of testing dates.
Failure to meet deadlines may result in Brock's Scheduling Office not being able to process your request in time for a test or exam. If your request is not processed in time, you will be required to write your test or exam as scheduled at Brock University's St. Catharines (main) campus, or you will receive a grade of zero for the missed test or exam.
All proctor or administrative fees at the host institution are the responsibility of the student and must be paid directly to the proctor.
For further information, please contact the scheduling office at email@example.com.