Instructions for Writing Tests and the Final Exam Off Campus
Students who are registered in online courses and who live 150 km or more from Brock's St. Catharines (main) campus may apply to the Office of the Registrar's Scheduling Office to write their tests and final examinations for their online courses at a site closer to home. Students who reside within 150 km of Brock's St. Catharines (main) campus, or are attending a face-to-face delivery course, must write on campus.
Please review the following information very carefully.
Test 1 will be written on Saturday 16 June 2018 at 1 pm.
Test 2 will be written on Saturday 23 June 2018 at 1 pm.
The final exam will be written on either Friday 6 July 2018 or Saturday 7 July 2018. The schedule will be posted by the Registrar's Office by 11 June 2018 here:
Deadlines for requests for writing tests and the final exam off-campus are strictly enforced, so make sure to get your requests in as soon as possible. If you miss a deadline for requesting to write a test or exam off-campus, your options will be to write on campus at the regularly-scheduled time or to accept a grade of zero if you miss the test or exam.
You must submit a separate request to Brock's Registrar's Office for each test or exam that you wish to write off-campus.
The deadline to submit a request to Brock's Registrar's Office to write Test 1 off-campus is 11:59 pm on 6 June 2018. (All times listed are local St. Catharines time.)
The deadline to submit a request to Brock's Registrar's Office to write Test 2 off-campus is 11:59 pm on 8 June 2018.
The deadline to submit a request to Brock's Registrar's Office to write write the final exam off-campus outside of Canada is 11:59 pm on 13 June 2018.
The deadline to submit a request to Brock's Registrar's Office to write write the final exam off-campus within Canada is 11:59 pm on 19 June 2018.
Get your arrangements in place as soon as possible to avoid missing a deadline. DON'T DELAY; DO IT NOW!
How To Arrange Off-Campus Testing
You must follow these steps separately for each test or exam that you wish to write off-campus. There are two tests and a final exam in this course, so if you wish to write all three off-campus, you will have to complete this process three separate times.
The entire process takes time, and must be completed within the strict deadlines enforced by Brock's Registrar's Office to ensure the integrity of the process. Therefore, make sure you begin the process as early as possible!
- Contact approved testing centres in your area to inquire if their services are available on the specific dates and times when our tests and exam are scheduled. (A list of approved testing centres in your area can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are requesting a list of approved testing centres, please include your current address in the email message. This will allow our office to better provide you with a list of testing centres in your area.) Once you locate an approved testing centre that is available at the right time, confirm with them that you will use their services at the right time. Once you confirm with your local testing centre, submit a proctoring request form to Brock's Registrar's Office, using this link:
For Test 1, if you cannot find a testing centre in your area that is available at 1 pm on 16 June 2018, you may make arrangements to write later that day, or on Monday 18 June 2018.
For Test 2, if you cannot find a testing centre in your area that is available at 1 pm on 23 June 2018, you may make arrangements to write later that day, or on Monday 25 June 2018.
- Once Brock's Registrar's Office receives your proctoring request form, they will contact your proctor to verify that the information submitted is accurate. If everything meets Brock's Registrar's Office's requirements, then they will approve your request and you will be allowed to write your term test or examination off campus. You will be notified via email once your request is approved. You will also be notified via email if your request is denied.
- You should receive an email message from email@example.com within 48 business hours confirming that all is well. If this doesn't occur, follow up by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve the problem.
- If your request is approved, Brock's Registrar's Office will courier your test or examination to your chosen testing centre approximately one week prior to the date of the test or examination.
- Attend your local testing centre on the scheduled date at the scheduled time, and do well!
- Once the test or examination is complete, your proctor will return the materials to Brock's Registrar's Office. Students are not allowed to return any materials. Once Brock's Registrar's Office receives the completed materials, they will hand deliver them to the course instructor for grading. Be patient as this process may take some time.
Tests and exams may be written only at an approved testing centre to ensure adequate supervision consistent with tests or exams written on campus. A list of testing centres can be requested from email@example.com. Please note that most universities or colleges have testing centres, and some libraries also offer proctoring services.
Students are responsible for paying any fees incurred with writing a test or exam off campus, including payment to the proctor and mailing costs. Some testing centres require students to bring a pre-paid envelope with them to the test or exam. Please confirm with your approved proctor prior to writing your test or exam if you are required to bring a pre-paid envelope with you on the date of your test or exam.
Tests and exams will be sent by courier directly to the testing centre or proctor's place of work; there are no exceptions.
Brock University does not charge a fee to send materials to a testing centre.
For further information, please contact the scheduling office at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any difficulties arranging your off-campus testing, please don't contact your course instructor, who is not involved in arranging off-campus testing. Instead, contact the good people at email@example.com, and they will help you.