Many of these books have been in print for years. Used books are available, and sometimes can be purchased at greatly reduced prices.
- A. J. Diefenderfer and B. E. Holton. Principles of Electronic Instrumentation. 3rd ed. Saunders College Pub., 1994.
Our textbook this year. A copy will be available on reserve in the library.
- R. E. Simpson. Introductory Electronics for Scientists and Engineers. Prentice Hall, 1987.
A great reference book, also useful for PHYS 3P92. Available in paperback.
- M. Plonus. Electronics and Communications for Scientists and Engineers. Harcourt/Academic Press, 2001.
- W.L. Faissler. An Introduction to Modern Electronics.
Simple and up-to-date.
- D. Barnaal. Analog and Digital Electronics. TK7816.B338
Excellent, but out-of-date and out-of-print.
- J. Brophy. Basic Electronics for Scientists. TK7815.B74
Terse, excellent for graduate students.
- M. Cirovic. Basic Electronics. TK7815.C53
- B. Grob. Basic Electronics. TK7816.G75
- P. Horowitz and W. Hill. The Art of Electronics.
- R. Horvath. Introduction to Microprocessors using the MC6809 or the MC68000. McGraw-Hill, 1992. QA76.5.H72
Mainly software, some hardware.
- J. Sprott. Introduction to Modern Electronics. TK7815.S72
- J. O'Malley. Theory and Problems ... (Schaum outline series). TK454.O46
- M. Spiegel. Complex Variables (Schaum outline series). QA255.S6
Lots of practice, to build up one's confidence.
- A. H. Robbins and W. C. Miller. Circuit Analysis. Theory and Practice. Delmar Pubs., 1994.
Niagara College textbook. Covers DC, AC, up to FT.
Select data sheets and application notes
- 2N5459 - n-channel JFET
- 2N5461 - p-channel JFET
- LM741 - the "classic" op-amp, see LM107 for better specs
- LM833 - dual audio op-amp
- NE5532 - dual low-noise op-amp
- LM555 - timer/monostable
- DS1628 - octal memory drivers with Tri-State™ outputs
- CD4060 - oscillator and 14-stage binary ripple counter
- ADC76 - 16-bit 17us successive approximation A/D Converter
- DAC701/702/703 - 16-bit D/A Converter
- DAC714 - 16-bit D/A Converter with Serial data interface
- PIC16F84 data sheet and erratum
- PIC16F84A data sheet and erratum
- PIC16F87x data sheets
- PICMicro AN526, Math utility routines, also text (html) version
- PICMicro AN556, Implementing a table read
- PICMicro AN569, Hardware and software resolution for a pointing device
- PICMicro AN597, Implementing ultrasonic ranging
- PICMicro AN657, Decoding infrared remote controls using a PIC16C5X Microprocessor
- PICMicro AN684, Single Supply Temperature Sensing with Thermocouples
- PICMicro AN685, Thermistors in Single Supply Temperature Sensing Circuits
- PICMicro AN687, Precision Temperature Sensing with RTD Circuits
- PICMicro AN897, Thermistor Temperature Sensing with MCP6SX2 PGAs
- PICMicro AN929, Temperature Measurement Circuits for Embedded Applications
- PICMicro AN942, Piecewise linear interpolation