Lectures: Monday, Wednesday, 12:30-2:00, WH305
- to develop an understanding of Maxwell's Equations and the link between electricity, magnetism and optics
- to gain experience with Vector Calculus
David J. Griffiths, Introduction to Electrodynamics, 3rd Ed., Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall, 1999
- Magnetostatics (Ch. 5)
- Magnetic Fields in Matter (Ch. 6)
- Electrodynamics (Ch. 7)
- Conservation Laws (Ch. 8)
- Electromagnetic Waves (Ch. 9)
- Late Assignments will NOT be accepted.
- Do NOT use MAPLE or other similar programs unless the homework problem explicitly says to. This course is meant to improve analytical mathematical skills.
- A minimum grade of 50 % on the Final Exam is required to pass the course.
- Note that the last day to withdraw without academic penalty is Friday, March 9, 2018.
||Jan. 8, 15, 29, Feb. 5, 26, March 5, 19, 26
||Jan. 24, Feb. 14, March 14