PHYS 4P10/5P10 - Introduction to Scientific Computing
- MSc progress report template on overleaf.com
- Please submit your homework via email to edward dot sternin at brocku dot ca.
Attach (do not include in the body of the message) *.m,*.c, Makefile *.ipynb etc.
files as necessary.
Make sure the comments contain your Brock email as the identifier of the author.
- Late homework submissions are penalized by a sinking cap of 15%/day, so assignments that are 2 days late cannot get a grade higher than 70, etc.
- Monitor your grades through the Marks link on the left.
Lectures will be posted in Lectures, both as .ipynb notebooks and as [non-interactive] .html files, if you do not have jupyter installed.
This course can be taken as PHYS 5P10 or MATH 5P69, and by undergraduates as PHYS 4P10.
The courses will be differentiated by level-appropriate expectations in the preparation of reports and projects.
- Be sure to review this statement on academic integrity
You are expected to prepare your homework and reports using LaTeX. It is available on all computers in
Physics labs, and online at overleaf.com.
In preparation for the lectures students are encouraged to open overleaf accounts.
Some useful resources for writing reports are here, and will be reviewed in class.