It often happens that two or more waves pass simultaneously through the same region. Let's see what will happen when two waves meet in my applet.
- Type in the velocity and frequency of your first wave and press either "Forward1" or "Backward1" button.
- Click anywhere in the first black window screen you get the first wave traveling.
- Type in the velocity and frequency of your second wave and press either "Forward2" or "Backward2" button.
- Click anywhere in the second black window screen you get the second wave traveling.
- Click on the third black window screen you get the combining wave traveling.
- Each time when click on any window screen, there will be a wave traveling in the velocity and frequency you set previously.Note: The velocities and frequencies you typed in the textfields above should be INTEGERS greater than zero(1,2,3,...). The actual units depend on your computer. The faster your CPU is, the higher the velocities and frequencies are.