This is an implementation of the Parratt formalism for neutron reflectometry. It it intended to expand on the usefulness of the very popular program Parratt32 from the HMI.
Parratt v1.3 Features
- Simulates or fits neutron reflectometry data using the Parratt formalism.
- It can simultaneously fit two data sets from a polarized neutron data experiment to the same model.
- It can fit data using several different fitting algorithms provided by the GNU Scientific Library. The available methods are outlined in the Modules section. Since modeling of reflectometry can yield multiple solutions for a given data set, this can be useful.
- Input and output are through an easy to read XML file. The specification of this file is in the Related Pages section.
- It can simulate incomplete coverage of the substrate by the film, through a linear adjustment parameter.
- Developed on Linux, successfully run on Windows XP.
- Command line only, no user interface, although a front-end that can read and write XML files would be relatively easy to make.
All comments and questions are welcome, see my main page for my email address. Feel free to browse these documentation pages, as I have tried to include all the equations used.
- Parratt is release under the Gnu General Public License v2
Generated on Wed Mar 14 13:24:56 2007 for Parratt by