The following texts have been placed on 3 hour reserve in the library. The one by Streetman and Banerjee is the most detailed and contains the best discussion of device manufacturing:
- Solid State Electronic Devices. B.G.Streetman, S.Banerjee, 5 ed. Prentice-Hall, 2000.
- Introduction to Applied Solid State Physics. R.Dalven, Plenum Press, 1990.
- The Physics of Semiconductor Devices. D.A.Fraser, Oxford, 1983.
- Introduction to Semiconductor Devices. J.Bailey, Allen and Unwin, 1972.
|Lab Reports (two in total)
||Fri. Feb 16
||Fri. March 23
late homework not accepted
- Basic Quantum Review
- atomic structure, Bohr model
- wave-particle duality, dispersion relations
- Shrodinger equation, particle-in-a-box, Fermi-Dirac statistics
PN junction diodes
- crystal structure, bonding
- electrical properties: conductivity, mobility, diffusion
- intrinsic carrier concentration, doping and carrier density, Hall Effect
- band structure, band gap, effective mass
- optical properties: absorption, photoconductivity, photoluminescence
- contact potential, space charge region
- diode equation
Field Effect Transistors
Bipolar Junction Transistors (if time permits)
- thin film deposition, photolithography, etch process