Application for entry into the program may be made at any time and will be considered when received until the program is full. It is recommended that International Applicants apply at least five months prior to the start of the program.
How to apply
- Check that you satisfy the University requirements
- Check that you satisfy the MSMP program requirements:
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended for international students but not required.
- a four-year Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, from an accredited University, in Physics or a closely related discipline, with an average of not less than B average over the last two years of full-time undegraduate study;
- a sufficient knowledge of English as specified by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Briefly, the following English preparation is expected of the students applying into the MSMP program:
Follow the above links to find out more about each of the preparatory programs.
|6.5||Four-week GSPP in August||Grad studies in September
|6.0||14-week term of ESL studies (IELP Level 5), May to August||Grad studies upon completion, in September
|5.5||Two 14-week terms of ESL studies (IELP Levels 4 & 5), January to August||Grad studies upon completion, in September
- Submit your application via the online system of the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC).
Please note that you will be prompted at the completion of your online application to pay a non-refundable
application processing fee (currently, Can$105), payable by credit card or internet banking.
Further details may be found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
- You will be contacted by email (within one week) when we have received your paid application,
informing you of the required application materials. This email will also provide you with
your Brock Campus ID (it will look like xx15yy - 2 letters, 2 numbers, 2 letters) and instructions on how to log in to
the Brock portal
to monitor the status of your application and documents.
Applicants holding an undergraduate degree without sufficient background in Physics, may be required
to complete additional qualifying undergraduate courses prior to an admission into the MSMP program.
Students are encouraged to contact us for a pre-admission evaluation.
Be sure to attach electronic copies of all relevant transcripts and a brief statement of interest.
We will arrange for a personal interview, via a suitable teleconference facility if necessary.
Brock's Office of International Recruitment can help you with your application. Their contacts are:
Back to MSMP program description