How to submit written homework online
We recommend a few different ways of converting your paper-and-pencil homework to PDF files suitable for emailing to your professor/marker, or for uploading to Sakai.
Do not take and send photos of your homework! Photos can be quite large in filesize, and having a different photo for each page mean they will tend to get lost or out of order. Instead, use a document scanner app, which uses your camera and smart image processing to convert photos to "scanner-quality" PDF files.
See this PDF for general tips and things to consider.
- Write your name, class and page number on each page.
- Write clearly and don't crowd the paper edges.
- Use smooth, unwrinkled paper.
- Always set paper against darker background of solid color.
- Clear away extra items from camera view.
- Avoid harsh overhead light that casts shadows. Use multiple lights from the sides.
- Use the "Document" setting in the apps below.